Know Your FreeNAS Manager App – Windows XP/7/8/10 and MAC PC
FreeNAS Manager is an unofficial management app that can be used to monitor and, to some degree, control a FreeNAS server. It is tested and working on FreeNAS 9.2 and 9.3. Notice:
Because of a business trip, there will be no development or support in the coming 8 days (feb. 21 to 29). Multi-server support is almost done and will be released shortly after I come home! 🙂
– View basic server info (IP, version etc.)
– View volumes and their storage space status
– Initiate scrub on volumes
– View datasets and their storage space status
– View jails and their status (running, IP, autostart)
– Start/stop jail
– Reboot, shutdown and wake (Wake on LAN) server
– HTTPS support – including for selfsigned and/or invalid certificates (checkbox in settings)
– Button for opening Web GUI in browser
– Support for multiple servers
– Open jail IP address in browser
– View disks
– View number of available updates and apply them
– View/start/stop plugins
Planned features (not yet implemented):
– View shares and (maybe) allow opening them in external app
– Offline support (show values from last successful connect)
– View Alerts
– View and run cron jobs
The API of FreeNAS 9.2 (and earlier) is different, so there are a couple of limitations when using that version:
– The server version isn’t available, so it is just shown as 9.2 or earlier.
– Jails can’t be started/stopped
– Volume storage is not the sum of all datasets. It is the same on the Web GUI.
This app does not under ANY circumstances contact ANY other server than the one you provided in settings. There are NO ADS – nor will there ever be!
Not yet, but I am strongly considering open sourcing this app. It depends on the support I get from you guys 🙂
Why is it not free?
Because I don’t have that much time for development in my spare time and this is an attempt to save a little for a FreeNAS build 🙂
Yes, it will be supporting FreeNAS 10, but the server API is not finished yet (FreeNAS feature #10687).
Don’t hesitate to contact me If you have any problems, suggestions or comments.
Have fun 🙂
|FreeNAS Manager App for PC – Windows 7/8/10/XP and MAC PC|
FreeNAS Manager for PC Free Download Links:
FreeNAS Manager for PC is now available for free download. Directly download the FreeNAS Manager for PC app setup files along with Bluestack installation files and follow the below-listed instructions to smoothly run FreeNAS Manager for PC in your Windows XP/7/8/10 and MAC PC.
FreeNAS Manager for PC Free Download Link: Click Here on the Link
Bluestack for PC Free Download Link: Click Here on the Link
Download Instructions for FreeNAS Manager for PC:
Inorder to run FreeNAS Manager on your Windows 7/8/10/XP or MAC PC, you will need an Android or iOS emulator to prepare the system environment for the mobile application. You will need to install Bluestack for PC on your Windows 7/8/10/XP or MAC PC and then would need to install the FreeNAS Manager for PC apk or setup file. Bluestack for PC is an top grossing award winning Android Emulator available in the market and is proficient to run all major Android/iOS mobile applications (including FreeNAS Manager for PC) and mobile games on the host PC. In all, it would provide a mesmerizing experience running FreeNAS Manager on your Windows 7/8/10/XP or MAC PC.
Just follow the below-listed instructions to Download and Install FreeNAS Manager for PC on your Windows XP/7/8/10 or MAC PC:
- Download the Bluestack Standalone installation file from the link provided in the above section.
- BlueStacks-Installer_native.exe file consuming about 261.86 MB will be downloaded on your Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 or MAC PC.
- After downloading the Standalone setup file, install the Bluestack on your Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or MAC PC. It would take about 2-5 minutes. Just skip through all the interrupts in between.
- Now, your Bluestack installation is over and you are ready to run it for the first time on your Windows 7/8/8.1/10 or MAC PC. Just feel free to have experience with its highly interactive look and functioning.
- The next step involves installing FreeNAS Manager for PC app on your Bluestack emulator. Just simply search in the Bluestack Apps Search Console for FreeNAS Manager game. You will be prompted to Play store from where you could download the FreeNAS Manager for PC which would run smoothly on this Bluestack Emulator.
- If you feel somewhat confused with the above step, Just simply open the link provided in the above section in your Bluestack Browser and everything will be done automatically.