Notepad++ is a free source code Editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Features of Notepad++:
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get)
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N’ Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
We at Appsformypc have tested and used Notepad++ and it worked pretty smoothly 🙂 🙂