Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering, and encoding tasks.
It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license. The program was written from scratch by Mean, but code from other people and projects has been used as well. Patches, translations and even bug reports are always welcome.
- Non-linear video editing.
- Apply filters and effects.
- Transcode into various formats.
- Insert or extract audio streams.
- Subtitle processor.
- Project system.
- Powerful scripting capabilities.
- Graphical or command line interfaces.
- Video encoders: MPEG-4 AVC, XviD, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-2 Video, MPEG-1 Video, DV.
- Audio encoders: AC-3, AAC, MP3, MP2, Vorbis, PCM.
- Container: AVI, MPEG-PS/TS, MP4, MKV, FLV, OGM.
We at Appsformypc have tested and used Avidemux and it worked pretty smoothly 🙂 🙂